Thursday 7 May 2015

#SSS 10th May

So, after my last post, I went for a lovely afternoon tea, with Anna, Nikki and Kirsty at the mount. It was very nice!
Straight after this little over indulgence, I went to the shops and got some new trainers!
My plan is to hit the gyms! Get fit!! Try the Snowdon walk with LimbPower, with my new leg. Start getting fitter and stronger! Gym ever week without fail. Continue eating healthy and NutriBullet before gym! Walk every day! Without fail! Hula hoop every evening, 30 mins, while Eastenders is on! These are my get fit rules and regulations! :) I'll start it all on Tuesday! It's Dad's 50th tomorrow so there will be celebrations and chocolate all over the house!Also, you should never start a diet on a Monday!

Last Sunday blog post was a sad day! Sunday 26th my dear friend Lauren had some sad news, her lovely Grandad Frank passed away. So I sent the family a card. I couldn't make his funeral last Friday, I would have loved to have gone to show my support to the family. He's been in my thoughts and prayers anyway. Lots of love to all of the Cullens! xxx

I went to see a therapist last week at West Park. An OT lady dealing with getting people back into work, who have a neurological condition or illness (or in my case, injury).
It was only a small group of people and we're all meeting up again next Thursday to meet a lady who deals with CVs. So that should be useful anyway.

Whilst there it made me think just how incredibly lucky I am!
I know I'm still very forgetful and maybe a little more credulous than before my accident. However some people are living with really visible conditions. Like speaking to some people there it was really apparent that they had something not fully working. Like their speech was a little sluggish. I could have been a million times worse then I am now, you really do not know how lucky you are until you see comparisons.

I will never take my present situation and recovery for granted! I will do my very best to get better and stronger each day! No more lazy mornings, sitting around in my PJs watching Loose Women! I'm going to make the most of my life.
I know I've probably said all this before, but I'm seriously on a mission now! So I'm just writing this so anyone reading it can remind me if they see me slacking!

I'm working on a little powerpoint presentation to go with my talk at the BCNA roadshow next month! Where I'm talking about my injury, methods of recovery and ways to improve the injured cells. If you want to see it, come along to the roadshow. If you know anyone living with any type of neurological condition, and there are many! Tell them to come, there are lots of interesting material on help for various conditions and it's always useful to find new levels of support. 

I met a lovely lady last week! A woman contacted me through LimbPower. LimbPower are planning on arranging a 'get together' for a confidence building event. So the lovely Linda drove to Tettenhall to meet me for a little lunch and natter. We went to my local and had a nice bite to eat and chat. Of course we discussed legs! I had only got my new suction socket leg to take home with me the day before. So it's still very early for me to say how good it is. It does let a bit of air escape, which lets out a very embarrassing noise. If you see me out and about and I'm walking around farting really loudly, it's always my leg!  


I had Botox!!!! 
May 1st I had three injections in my forehead! It didn't hurt, was fine. It will relax my face on the right side which will hopefully get my damaged side, on the left, working a bit harder! Fingers crossed it will get the nerve working more. I'm going to ask my surgeons to take a nerve from somewhere else too. The body is full of them, surely another one could be whipped out and put into my left eyebrow! Fingers crossed it'll all work out for me anyway! No doubt it will, I've been extremely lucky so far with all the hard work that's been done to improve me. I'm extremely grateful to the NHS and to the surgeons that have worked on my burn scars!

Eeeeek, the LimbPower games are on next weekend!!! I'm really looking forward to it! I'll let you know how it went in my next post anyway!

It's my Dad and Uncle Mark's 50th Birthday tomorrow!
So we're going for a nice meal to celebrate this evening. I'm really looking forward to it! :)
Big massive Happy Birthday to them both!

Here is a little treat for my daddy!


HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment