Sunday 29 March 2015

#SSS - March 29

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!!! 

It's my little brother Ben's 22nd birthday today, so I hope he is having a ball in the Dam with lovely Kathryn!!! (Bring me back a cookie) 

Well it's been a fun couple of weeks! I was hovering over my laptop last weekend, but I thought I might as well wait and do a post fortnightly rather then every Sunday. I have much more to talk about in a two week time span. Plus it's been an exciting couple of weeks in Rugby!

So what's been going on with me. Well, I had my pre op! My actual operation is TOMORROW!!!! I'd like to share pictures of my 'before and after'  with the construction that is going on. So if you'd like to see it, stay tuned ;)

I probably won't post them on here. If you or if anyone you know is going through a similar type of operation, and they'd like to see what is it's like, feel free to drop me an email to ... me@kellyssmile.com and I'll show you the before and after pics :)

I'll no doubt look a bit odd, but it may help someone out there searching for information on this procedure of reconstructive surgery, just as I was searching the web when I was first told about it.

Yesterday was so lovely! I went down to Elstree with Anna to a 'Meet up' with LimbPower friends and other amputee friend I hadn't actually met before! It was so nice to see them all, and to make a few new friends. It's a shame they're all so far away, I would love to have a meet up with them all more often,. It's a good job theres a few events throughout the year where I might catch some of them. It was cool to meet a lady who had a Genium leg, the new cool prosthetic that I've been eyeing up! I know I shouldn't really look into getting new cool legs at this stage, with my months of operations ahead of me, but  it's always nice to see what options are there for me, once I am ready to do more.

Adam, from the Hare & Hounds, kindly gave me a room at the pub for me to hold a fundraising event. I was planning on throwing a little gig there, where all friends could come along, pay for entry (which tickets would go to my fundraising pot) and we could all have a fun night together. I thought this would be a great idea to help me raise a bit of money for my Genium. But really, I should put all of my focus into my current situation. My operations need my full attention. Alex is my little angle, she does look after me so much. If I'm honest, she has always been the more mature one between us, but she is so good at helping me improve, I must be very annoying when I get told I should do this, then I forget and do that.  She set me up with a list of priorities, I have typed them up and printed them out to follow them rigidly.  It's a list of 1 to 8 things I should focus on. 1. being my operation,
2. being the volunteer work I do for BCNA. I literally can NOT do the next one on the list until the previous one is complete. So I can't go looking for a job, a car and a leg until my operations are finished with! I can't move in with Alex until 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are all complete! I do try to do all things at once, so this list is vital for me to stick to and to improve.
I can NOT and will not be doing anything like booking rooms and various other fundraising activities for the new leg, until my operations are finished with, my memory & volunteer work has improved, I'm walking confidently on my new suction socket leg and I'm driving again. There is no point in jumping the gun and causing problems,  unnecessary stress and potentially damaging the improvement made so far.

Priorities:
1. Operation

2. Memory - volunteer work

3. Walking - suction socket leg

4. Driving/memory - focus

5. Fundraising - new leg

6. Car

7. Job/studying/memory?

8. Move in with Alex - when 1 to 7 are complete :)

Before op (CAN DO):
Twitter - BCNA
Blog 
Write ideas down
WALK
Memory games /aids

Before op (CANT DO):
DVLA
Look at cars
talk about jobs
no recruitment people
no fundraising - no acting on - just write ideas down


Bless her! She has set me these important reminders of what I can and can't do before my operations are finished with. I'll hopefully stick to them! :) Thank God the blog is in my cans! 

So I go in tomorrow morning, at like 7am I have to get to the hospital! Wow that is early! At least I'll just be hopping onto a bed and going back to sleep! They can't expect me to have a conversation at that time in the morning! I'll be looking forward to going back to sleep! 
I think I'll be in the Q.E for a few days after the operation, so if anyone is free for a visit, please do pop in with some skittles or something. 

Errmmm well, I have to admit, for some reason, I'm a little nervous about this one! I'm not normally. I think it's all of the anticipation and stress of it being previously cancelled. It's such a massive relief to have it moving forward! I was so stressed about having to wait longer and longer for this day to come that now it's actually here, I'm a little scared! 
It will all be fine, I know it's just physiologically built up inside me. I will be fine, it will be fine and It's a positive move forward. there is nothing for me to worry about at all! I'm fine!  

Until next time, have a lovely Easter and peace out. x





No comments:

Post a Comment