Sunday 15 March 2015

#SSS 15th March - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there! Especially to mine, over in Ireland! I wish I could fly over to see her today! 

It's lovely having Mother's day on the same day as the St Patricks Parade too, it would be lovely to be necking back a few Guinness's with my mom! 

It was my grandads birthday on 12th, so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Paki-Joe
And it's beautiful Alice O'Riordan's birthday today, so massive happy birthday to that little lady!

Hmmm. so, there must be many Hozier fans out there? He's wicked! I love him! Alex first introduced me to him, before he hit the charts etc. We both loved his song, Take me to church.


He's a cool guy! 

Anyway, I found tickets to see him in May, and as a surprise birthday present for Alex, I bought 2 tickets! You can see below the price I paid for the two of them. 

Alex, is actually away that weekend, so she can't make it, I would LOVE to go, but I can't really handle going on my own, plus I don't know what will be going on with my ongoing reconstructive surgery, I will probably be unfit to go.
So if anyone wants then, they're up for sale! If you know anyone who likes him, will you please pass this info on to them. I'd really like to sell them and get my money back, so I can look at getting Alex something else for her birthday,

If you want to come with me, let me know, if you want to buy one of them or both of them, let me know! Drop me an email to me@kellyssmile.com



Did you all watch the people strictly?

I was tuned in especially to watch Cassidy Little on it. Check out his story and his performance here. 



He won!!!


Soooo, what else has been going on with me... I spoke to Rebecca from Pitch Consultants, a lovely lady who I knew from my time working with One Black Bear. It was nice just to catch up with her and update her on my current situation.
I'm not quite ready to get back into work just yet, with ongoing surgery etc, however I'm itching for it! I can't wait to just get back onto the ladder and work a normal 9-5 again! Fingers crossed it won't be too far away from me anyway. I do have plenty of time to at the moment to focus solely on my recovery, hopefully in about 6 months time I'll be ready to get back into work. 

The DVLA still haven't got back to me with my amended licence, their 3 week window closed on Friday, so I am set to harass them tomorrow! :) I have looked at a few cars I can get with the needed adjustments made etc, the Fiat 500c is what I'm after. A cute little car to get around in, it will do the job and will be a good way for me to start off with something small and manageable.

I've been advised to get a bigger car though. Easy to get in and out of. I think the fiat will be fine though, I need to go and practice getting in and out of the drivers side, I will do that as soon as my licence is posted back to me! Fingers crossed that will be this week! 

It turns out, I should have been seeing a therapist at the QE called Sally. She is a therapist who will help me use my face in a way that will benefit the damaged nerve/muscle on my burnt side. Sally will hopefully help me get my smile back even more :) 

I went back to the QE  last week for a check up on my pouch, all was fine. I'll need to contact them weekly before the operation on the 30th. I guess the strain from the pouches could damage the skin, we can't have damaged skin on damaged skin!  

Things are all on the way up anyway! I'm very pleased with my progress and the continuous  improvements. I'll keep you all posted with it anyway.

Until next time, peace out!

 x


No comments:

Post a Comment