Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Smile Sermon - 7th September

YAY it's September! My favourite month of the year :) Kids all back to school, peace and quite! The beginning of autumn sun, weather still nice and warm, not too hot. It's a gorgeous sunny day today, I'm again sitting at the dining table at my nan and granddads. Alex is away however, she has spent the week in Dubai with her friend Becci. The pictures I've seen are lovely, I bet they've had an amazing little break, a well deserved break too. They both work so hard! I'm excited to see all the pics and hear all the gossip when they get home today! I've missed that little sprog of mine.

So what has made me smile the most this week. Well, I've now finally tuned my body into waking up a bit earlier, so in terms of reaching goals, I've conquered that one! I've thought I should really get my act together with the over sleep and lazy lie ins. I'm starting an advanced writing course in October, which will start at 10am every Friday, for around 10 weeks I think, so at least the early morning wont be such a shock and horror to me!
Oooo I'm excited to start that! It will be good to meet a few people writing and to tell them all about my book, a book I'm working on at the minute. I might even get a bit of inspiration from them and hopefully hand some out myself.

So Tuesday, I had an appointment at The Malting, my mobility centre (Where they are making me a new suction socket leg) My meeting was with Judy the councillor, she's a lovely lady and to me it's just a gathering we have really. I just tell her how things are and whats going on, nothing too intense. It's good for me memory wise, as I recall the things I have done to someone and I tell her what my plans are moving forward. I told her about the Charity my new friend Sian is setting up and how I would love to help her. So I'm going to be helping Sian with her charity (which doesn't have a name yet) and LimbPower with theirs.

I went swimming with Anna on Wednesday, after the swim, on the way home, we talked about dinner. I always get hungry after swimming! So I decided I would make something for dinner that night. On the way home we stopped off at the super market and picked some bits and bobs up, along with a salad bar as a snack/lunch . That night I made enchiladas. They were SO tasty! I've decided that I would cook more often for them all while I'm there. It's nice to mix things up a bit, and it's good for me to start being a bit more helpful around the house. I need to grow up a bit and stop being so lazy!

Thursday, I had a bit of an excitement flow of energy and ordered a load of prospectuses from the University of Birmingham. The idea of helping LimbPower and Sian really prompted me into topping up and expanding my experience and knowledge in marketing. It is a field I am used to, from 3 years of employment after Uni. It will be good to get back into it to spread the 2 charities around the UK. It will also be good for me mentally to get back into an academic mind set by upgrading my degree into a Masters. It was something I really enjoyed doing and I believe I was good at, so I'm going to get back into it and be even better!

The Culture Team at France24, where my aunty Eve works, sent me a picture of them all doing their Leg up for LimbPower post. It was great! Thank you all so much  :) 



Yesterday, I received one on Facebook from my good friend Alice. She did a Leg Up post with her boyfriend Paddy, and there little dog Molly jumped up for it too! Thank you all so much!!!! Love all 3 of you! :) 




It is so great seeing pictures like this with my friends and family all helping me to raise awareness to the charity LimbPower. It really filled my heart. Thank you so much!

So I've also made a few new friends this week! I noticed on Facebook a young lad called Anthony showing off his new cool prosthetic leg, made by a company called The Alleles. His prosthetic cover was so so cool! It's nice having someone at a similar age who's in the same boat as you. Really nice lad!



"I saw this #regram @anthonyjennings wearing his new custom#allelescover!! Handsome devil  @tattooed_robot can design your very own custom cover as well! 
#thealleles #amputee #prostheticstyle #prosthetics#customcover #allelesdesign #designstudio #actor#model "


After seeing this, I just had to get in touch with Terry, the guy at the company The Alleles. I really want to buy one of his covers to attach to my prosthetic. A lovely designed cover will be so much nicer than the current yellow foam I have! I got chatting away to Terry and came up with a brilliant idea as to what I would like. I love elephants so I thought, I might as well get something cool like that designed on to a cover. This is the design I found and liked.
               
 

     
 I found the design on a website http://stayathomegypsy.com/product/indian-elephant-xl/  if you want to check it out. I thought this henna type design of an elephant, with similar curves and patterns, designed onto a leg cover would be something to be proud of! I would definitely have this out on show with a nice skirt on. It will be far prettier than the yellow foamed leg cover! It will hold the same shape of my leg once attached to the cover, and it will be like a cool tattoo.
A changeable tattoo! I might get an addiction to this and be contacting Terry once a month for a new design! It's such an exciting idea! I'm very happy with it and it hasn't even been made yet! But I've seen how cool Anthony's is and I'm convinced Terry will do just as good a job on mine. :)

I'll need to speak to my dad about it when I get home, I just like to run things past him before I rush in and buy it. I know I get excited about things sometimes and go crazy and just buy it! Like the wrist band idea I had, to spread my website/blog around to people. It's a nice idea, but did I REALLY need to buy 400 of them! haha I've given some out to family and friends, but I still have bags and bags full of these bands sitting in the conservatory! I'm such a blonker! :)

So I'll speak to dad when I get home and then POW! I'll buy the option for The Custom Terry Oh Cover on the Alleles website! Ooooo It's so exciting!!!

It's my Aunty Tee's big 40th this week!!! Here is a premature massive HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her!
I have sent her two cards. The first one I forgot I had sent it, so I sent another!
My memory is still on the mend! I need to stop being lazy with it and start working this ticker out more! No more asking for help & reminders, I need to man up and get this brain of mine flexing and back to its bright self! It will get better, I know it will. I just need to think more and work out how to used it better. I have gotten into such a lazy routine of checking my diary to let you know what has gone on in my week. Next Sunday I am going to do a post where I haven't at all look into my diary to see whats gone on, I'm going to tell you everything I can remember without being prompted. Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Have a good week everyone, peace out!



No comments:

Post a Comment