Sunday 28 September 2014

Sunday Smile Sermon - 28th September #SSS

Well I'm slacking in my sermons! It must be a little boring for people to read what I had for breakfast on a weekly feedback post. I think fortnightly posts will be more interesting!

All my thoughts have been with the lovely people doing their bit for the charity, LimbPower, in the London to Amsterdam bike ride! Well done guys, I've been following it on Facebook. I'm only aware of Kiera & Johnny doing it, but whoever else took part in the charity campaign, well done for your efforts! I would have loved to have been with you all on the ride, although I wouldn't be fit enough to ride a bike to London let alone from London to Amsterdam! Next year, however, I will 100% be doing it with you! It's my aim for next year now. Santa, I'll need a bike for Christmas. ;)


So, what's been going on with me over the past couple of weeks, not a lot really! I'm in a bit of a limbo spot at the moment, just waiting for my new suction socket leg and waiting for my face reconstruction operations. The operations aren't until November 13th! So I have a long way to go yet, the new leg however, god knows! I'm constantly going back to the Malting Mobility Centre to get it checked out and there is ALWAYS a few adjustments needed to be made. Fingers crossed I will get it before this year is out. I'm planing on getting some nice heels for Christmas, with the aim of dancing in them by the following Christmas. I'm not sure I will be able to go with this mission though if my reliance is constantly on my mobility centre.  

So i'm getting better mentally now. I feel as though my memory is improving and I'm a lot less drowsy after dropping my medication down from 600mg a day to 150mg. I haven't felt, so far, any negative consequences in doing so either. Fingers crossed I'll be off them all in no time! I hate having to take drugs! (For those of you reading this who knew my pre crash behaviours, that statement will sound a little  ironic!) I think it's more of a stubborn hate. Like, I hate having to rely on something to stop my pain. I should be able to do that myself! It's my body and my pain, I should be able to control it. I hate having to rely on drugs to numb such pain. That may sound a bit hippy and weird, but it's true! We all become reliant on things for help if we constantly turn to it in times of need. We should all man up and strengthen our bodies to fight off their own battles. Ok if it is unbearable pain and you need the medication then take it, but if you can handle it, you shouldn't. In my opinion. 

So it's been a month of Birthdays in my family! My aunty Tee was 40! It was my cousin Xiggy's 1st birthday on Monday! My Uncle John and my nan had their birthday's on Thursday. Cards coming out of my ears! We went for a lovely meal on Friday for Nan and John's birthday. The Greswolde Arms in Knowle. It was lovely. I can even remember what I had, which I would never have been able to do a few weeks back! So I had pate as a starter, scallops and sea bass for my main followed but lovely hazelnut profiteroles for desert. 

I've made a new friend, Joshua , who has reminded me to do this post, and therefore I have to mention him in it. There you go Joshua ;) 

I've got not a lot going on for the rest of this week, anything worth telling you all about and I'll pop back on next Sunday, if not then I think I'll stick to fortnightly posts I think. 

Until the next time, peace x


No comments:

Post a Comment