Sunday 19 July 2015

#SSS Sunday Smile Sermon, staring @MotabilityPress @KPFoundation @QEHBCharity @OfficialLeanne @KelCartwright89

Motability

I've ordered my new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for it to be made especially for me. I'm getting a Fiat 500c, Light green, cream interior, cream soft roof and cream vintage tyre caps. This is what I originally ordered anyway.





Ordered a few weeks ago but forgot to mention it in my last blog post! I'm SO EXCITED FOR IT!!!!!

So I told my nan about it straight away and she was like "you cant! Don't order it in mint green, green cars are really unlucky!!" And I had my heart set on this!
But I did have a mint green car before I passed my test. A mint green ford KA and it got written off before I'd even passed my test! A car went into it when it was parked outside my nans on Foxhollies road and a car went straight into the side of it! It was only a cheap little car for me to practise in (illegally) before passing my test.
So with the worry of me even driving again, I thought I best not cause any further worry! So I called the garage back and asked for the baby blue version. To be fair, I was stuck between these two colours to start with anyway. They said that was fine, but for me to wait for this one to be made, I wouldn't get the car until October. The quickest turn around they could do for me was with a white car with a black soft roof. So I've gone for that one now. Finally offer!

Ironically my nan is much happier with this colour scheme, even though the car I crashed was white/cream with a black soft roof! I don't really care too much about the colour anyway, I just can't wait to get back to normal and have my independence again.

I'll have it by late september anyway eeeeeek! New reg plate too ;) If I could say how lucky I am, you'd be here all day. So I won't.

The Katie Piper Foundation

Camouflage make up!


Makeup came on Monday for my scars. Covermark cream and Veil powder.
I'll start putting it on and getting used to it each day now.

It will be like applying my old mac foundation in no time. I think it's a good protection for the scars too, covers them up so that other things can't irritate it. Like too much sun, air pollution etc. I'm very happy with it anyway.

I'm so so glad I went to a weekend retreat with the Katie Piper Foundation and met the lovely lady Kerrie, who is a camouflage practitioner. She's a star and I'm very pleased to have her as a friend.

Thank you Kerrie! xx

QEHB 

I went to the QE hospital on Wednesday to see lovely Sally. The young woman who is giving me a few shots of Botox on my good eyebrow side.
 I say good side, both of them are good, but the left one still doesn't move because of the nerve damage. So she's trying Botox on me to see if it can help with the nerve development.
It's not doing anything at the moment though, so she thinks I may have an "anti-body" or something, which rejects the Botox. So it's a bit of a waste of time for both of us if I go back to her. It was worth a shot anyway.
I personally think, they could whip a nerve out from somewhere else and put that in, surely? I'm always thinking of new ways they could do things and I am a very impatient young woman, so it's frustrating at time. They're doing their best for me anyway, so I'm very grateful for all their help and time.

The QE is a major part of my life these days. I spent like 3/4 months in there after my accident.
1 month in ICU and about 2/3 months on the Burns Ward. So I've made good relationships with people there, surgeons, nurses, therapist, janitors the lot! I'm still going back and forth to see them for things they can do to repair the damage to my face from the crash. The surgeons are giving me a few months break from it all though, as I've spent the last two years in and out there.

So I was absolutely delighted when a young woman contacted me about a fundraising event that was going on in September!
A charity abseil on Sunday 6th September. It will be so cool to try out something like this with my leg anyway! So I'm excited to be giving it a go and at the same time to be raising awareness and valuable funds for the charities that have helped me the most since my accident.

The fundraising page is click here  with a target of £500 .The majority of the money raised will be going to the two departments that helped me the most during my time at the QE. The ICU and the Burns Ward.

Then on top of that, with the extra funds kindly raised by you lovely people, the money will be going to the two charities that have helped me the most since my accident. The Katie Piper Foundation and LimbPower.

Charity abseil on Sunday 6th September 2015.


Location: Hampton by Hilton Hotel, Broad Street, Birmingham

Time: 1pm-5pm 

Deposit required to book your place: £35 (paid)
Minimum sponsorship required to take part: £125 

So please do help me out with a big thank you to these wonderful people!

If you'd like to donate a £5 click here  and please then share with others to kindly donate too. The more it's shared the better! I need to get it to £500 by September. So lets get pestering for pennies!

Fingers crossed I'll get to my target of £500 before 6th September!

 I'll be reminding you all on every post I do from now until then. Then I'll share with you lots of videos and pictures of me actually doing it!  Hanging from a roof top with my metal rod

Obviously I was a little dubious about it, how I'd actually get down with or without my prosthetic on, so I youtubed it to check out some other people doing it and I found this lovely lady Leanne.


And seeing her doing it has made me even more excited to give it a go! 

I can't wait. Roll on September 6th!!! 

Fitness

So fitness wise, I haven't done too much lately. I'm going to see the lovely Physio lady Louise at the Maltings next week, to show off my running attempts with my old trusty leg, Leonard. I've given it another go in the garden today at my Nanny Js. Hopefully it will be good enough for them to put my name down for a blade! To buy a blade it's bloody expensive! Puts the saying "costs an arm and a leg" into reality!!
 Hopefully if I can show how eagerly I want a blade to run with, they'll put my name down and I'll kindly be able to get one through the NHS. Which would be AMAZING!!! Fingers crossed people!!!

I need to buy a bike too. I'm geared up with the lot! A seat cover, trainers, cleats, cycling clothes, the lot! I just need to get a bike and a helmet now! If anyone fancies taking me bike shopping this week, give me a call.

I'll have my blade and my bike in no time! Then I'll be a triathlon trooper!

Girl Crush!

I have a MASSIVE girl crush on the beautiful Australian Paralympian, Kelly Cartwright!

She is beautiful and powerful and I really look up to her as an amazing role model!
She has the exact same amputation as me, right leg above the knee and she is an athlete, has a cute boyfriend who she's pregnant with and she's dancing on the Australian Dancing With The Stars.


She is seriously unstoppable! An amazing young lady who I admire so much! To follow her journey click here

As you can see, she's wearing a cool running blade. I can't wait until I get one myself!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed I'll get my hands on one before the year is out.

Anyway, until next time.
Bye xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment