Sunday 21 June 2015

#SSS June 21st - @Action_Jack @raemorrismusic @BCNA2013 @LimbPower

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!


Just to start off, I'm sitting out in the garden at my nanny Js, getting a bit of sunshine on my pale white skin! While dad is away in Las Vegas sunshine! I'm not a bit jealous! Honest....

But Happy Fathers Day to all the lovely dads and granddads out there! I'm sure you've all received lots of love today!

Ok so where do I start. Well, back to Monday two weeks ago, I had my fitness head on! So I went and swam 50 lengths with Anna. I'm hopping to get it higher and keep it up weekly. She's been away over the last week or so with Dad and Mark in Vegas, but when she's back, I'll be going 2 or 3 times a week with her.  If I want to do this Triathlon, I better keep the fitness levels up!

I bought Rae Morris tickets!! I saw her with Roisin supporting Lianne La Havas in 2013 and she was so cool. Now she's got her own album out and is touring I just had to get tickets to see her! I love her album and would love to hear it live! She's back at the Birmingham Institute where I first saw her, on October 11th, so I asked my dear friend Josh if he wanted to come, as it's his birthday on the 20th, he said he would, so it will be fun, I'm really looking forward to it :) 




I also bought tickets to see Purity Ring at The Roundhouse, London on Thursday 29th October, I would love to see them after listening to their new album, Eternity. My friend Ross said he'd like to see them too, so he'll come with me. I'll look forward to that too.

On Tuesday I went for a lovely little meal with  Dad, Anna, Dan, Grace, James & Isabelle. As dad and Anna were heading to Vegas for a couple of weeks, it was nice to all get together for a pre birthday meal for Izzy. It was lovely seeing them all and having a nice chat. After the meal we headed to Nanny Js for a cuppa and catch up, so dad could pick up his mail before leaving for Vegas the following day. 

They left for Vegas on the Thursday, to be there for a few weeks. Dad, doing his thing and Anna visiting her sister and family over in Buffalo. Anna's mom, Camilla was moving in with me, to keep both me and Sally (the dog) company! I also needed her help with transport to appointments etc. So it was very nice of her being around to help me out.

That weekend I headed back down to Birmingham to stay with the family down there. I also had a date on Saturday, so it was nice to be down there, up and ready for it Saturday morning. That was a lovely little meet up, my favourite part being the delicious elderflower mojito we had at Bank restaurant!

Then Sunday, my dear friend Roisin came round to visit me at my nanny Js. It was so nice to catch up with her while she's back in Birmingham. She's living and working in London, so her time back home here in Birmingham is very precious! Especially for the people who miss her and don't get to go down and visit her! That night my nanny J and her lovely friend Mairead brought me back home to Tettenhall. 

Then on Monday afternoon I had an appointment to see my prosthetist Tim Howard, he was taking my leg in to sort the socket out! So I brought my old trusty Leonard with me to wear home. The lovely phsyio lady, Louise, told me to practise running with this leg, so I tried it in the garden a couple of times! I'm not confident enough to do it in a park where people can see and laugh! Maybe not visible laughter but it would be hard not to laugh a little bit inside when you saw how ridiculous my movement is when I run! I need to keep working on it really. So I'm going to practice my ass off this summer! Hopefully I'll get a blade to run with by autumn. 

Then Tuesday 16th was my darling niece Isabelle's 2nd birthday! I didn't get a chance to see her but I heard she had a lovely day!
I went to see my Neurologist at West Park hospital, and he basically signed me off! He said if I ever felt the need to, I was always welcome back. I'm basically as good as it's going to get though, in his eyes. There's always room for improvement though, so I'll keep at it anyway.
 I may find things a bit over whelming when the work load and life in general gets a bit more hectic. But it wont come to me as an unknown shock. I know I have to be extra careful about overloading my brain and tiring it out. I will always have to be more diligent with my notes and detailing things in my dairy. It's nothing too difficult anyway.
I think when I get back into work, the added stress of that on a day to day basis might make me a little more worn out by Friday, but I'll just have to rest well over the weekend, instead of going out and partying! But that was all over ratted anyway!

Confession time - on Wednesday I took Sally to the park, on my own :)
She was good, didn't pull too much. Understandably the family are a little nervous about me doing that, as she's a strong dog and does get over excited when she sees other dogs. I think they have a sixth sense though! She must have picked up on the fact that I was a little nervous and so was very (out of character) calm and obedient with me. She didn't pull and go mental when she saw other dogs, she didn't go crazy at the park and run into the pool like she normally does with my dad. It was actually a lovely, calm walk around the park!  Just what I needed really for the night before my presentation!  

So on Thursday 18th, at the Wolverhampton football ground, the  Black Country Neurological Alliance had their roadshow. There roadshows are for people of the black country to get together and see what help and guidance there is for those living with a neurological condition - In my case a mild brain injury.
 So my presentation went well! It was only a short 10 minute talk about my injury, my blog and my support networks. It was really well received! Great roadshow all round in a nice venue. So I''m looking forward to the next one. The lovely people from West Part came too, which was nice to see them. There's a lovely lady there working on my CV for me, so I'll get that back from her this week and then start emailing it out to people! I'm hoping to be working by September. I'll be getting my car then so I'll no doubt need extra money for petrol and starburst. (Everyone needs a pack of starburst in their car!) 

Friday came and I thought I had a meeting at the Maltings, to collect my leg, but I had changed it to Monday! So I had to keep my old leg for this weekend. A bit annoying, but my fault for unnecessarily rescheduling!



  

On the 4th July at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, 26 amputees will be doing a 1 mile walk/hop/wheel/dance/run/slide/cartwheel/roly-poly around the stadium field. All dressed up in silly costumes! Anna and I are dressing up as the tortoise & the hare! 
LimbPower support many amputees in the UK, they hold event throughout the year for fun activities and get togethers with old friends!
 It's a great way to meet people going through similar struggles and just supporting one another. 
So I set up Just Giving pages for both Anna and I for our Manic Marafun event!





  • To see mine and donate please click here - As you can see, I'm currently 30% of the way to my target of £200.00 So if you are feeling generous, do pop a penny in for me please. 


The money will be going to this amazing charity,  who hold many events for people all over the UK, who are amputees or limb impaired. It's amazing what they do and I want to thank them for all of the opportunities they have given me, but raising a bit of awareness and funds through the Manic Marafun event. Keep your eyes peeled for the ridiculous photos that will be up on here soon after the event on 4th July!

More exciting news from last week, Alex passed her driving test & bought her car!!! 
She'll be out of the roads next week, spinning around in her new Peugeot 108! She will be my personal assistant until I get my own set of wheels in September. ;)

I've been a massive let down this weekend! I had a couple of dates lined up, but I had a stinking headache so had to reschedule them both! Instead of going to a Caribbean festival on Saturday, which would have made my headache even worse, I went out with nanny D and Alex for a nice relaxing pub lunch and then stayed at my nanny Js that night.
My head was still a bit sore this morning too, so I stayed in and relaxed at hers. Helen popped in for a cup of coffee and a chat and then later Martina came for dinner. It was lovely catching up with them both.

I'm having an early night tonight and hoping I wake up headache free! Being on this laptop probably isn't helping! I'll wrap it up now.

Until next time,
Peace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment