Sunday 25 January 2015

#SSS - Sunday Smile Sermon 25th Jan

Hello!

I've had a great couple of weeks since my last post. 2015 is just getting more and more exciting!!!

I'm not sure if you saw my post yesterday? The youtube clip about an amazing organisation I have found called Why Not People. The are a group of people who are drilling for society to change the way in which people with a disability are treated. They will be holding events, which will enable people with disabilities to enjoy a show, gig, festival, with their friends, without being plonked into a little safe space for wheelchairs etc. It is a great idea!

I do feel a little nervous in crowded spaces, with my prosthetic leg. I haven't quite conquered my balance with it yet so being in a big crowd of people at a gig, will be a little nerve racking!
But that was my life before the crash! I was always going to gigs and festivals at every opportunity I possibly could! The idea of missing out in all of that was very upsetting! The fact that Why Not People will be holding an event for people to enjoy a gig together is just brilliant! It's amazing that this sort of thing hadn't yet existed really, I'm glad it does now though!

 If you didn't see my post yesterday, here it is again :)





Why Not People - I'm now a member of this new cool organisation!
If you'd like to check them out, you can see a video clip on their page here where you can become a member or request various cool things with a donation, like a shout out on stage and things! Have a look and get donating. Also, their website is here.

If you are disabled or you know someone who are, please share this page with them. They can become a member, get involved with gigs and things, it's a really cool organistion that is founded by the super cool radio1 presenter Jameela Jamil.  

Check them out and become a member. It's a really cool organisation and it's prospects really excite me!! I hope it does for you too,  click & join here!

Last week I went to the QE to see what the next moves were for my ongoing surgery. Yet again, it's a time that requires patience. Oh dear. Hmm, good luck with that one Kelly!

They did however explain to me that the face nerve has 5 branches to it, only 2 of them are currently in my face. I could work on these two and get them growing and developing into another 3 to make up the 5 or I could ask them to take another nerve out and put that in. I will just have to wait until the rest of my operations are finished with. It's going to be a long haul, but it will all be worth it in the end!

In the mean time, I will be doing these little exercises. I found them on Youtube by a lady in America who suffered Bell's Palsy, I know it's not the same, but it's worth the shot anyway. So I will be doing these daily exercises to try and get this smile of mine back!





 Also, I am now a nutribullet owner! It came with a book of lots of different cool smoothies and soups to make! I'll be stocking up on things to blast in no time! Hopefully, this will make me more alert, fresh and vibrant. It's got to be good for me and my year of planning for a more active and healthy lifestyle. I'm going to have to start blasting daily if I want to climb snowdon and cycle Cuba with LimbPower this year!

That's all for now anyway, I'm going to get myself out for a walk today! I need to start building up my strength for all of my plans for this year!

Until next time, peace.









No comments:

Post a Comment