Monday 20 October 2014

Late Sermon of Smiles - Black Country Neurological Alliance

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH! 

I would like to say that I didn't do my blog post yesterday, so that I could do it today with a specific shout out to my dear friend Mr Devey, 26 today! Happy Birthday mate!

However that's a fib! I didn't have my laptop with me in Birmingham this weekend, I couldn't go without doing a blog post! So I'm doing it today.

My week started off great. With the charity, Black Country Neurological Alliance in mind. I love that I've got a little job to focus on and support! It's great! I love having the title of a Social Media Manager too! I need to update my LinkedIn account for this. I set up a Facebook page for the charity, as they never had one. It will be pulling through their twitter feed. I mentioned their twitter account in my last post but just as a reminder please give them a follow on Twitter with @BCNA2013 and also, please like the page I created for them on Facebook.



Their is a statement piece for the charity that sums it all up:

In the Black Country today thousands of lives are devastated by a neurological condition. This might be Multiple Sclerosis, epilepsy, Parkinson's Disease, Motor Neurone Disease or one of around 600 other neurological conditions. Patients and carers generally accept the services offered without complaint. 

The Black Country Neurological Alliance is an umbrella organisation that is led by people affected directly and indirectly by a neurological condition. We want everyone affected by a neurological condition to be at the heart of the design, delivery and evaluation of services and have the chance to make their voice heard.       

Our sole purpose is to improve services available to all patients and carers in Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall and Wolverhampton. We are developing information service and work in constructive partnership with decision makers in the NHS and social care. 

We want to raise awareness of neurological conditions and their impact, and campaign for improved health and social care services in the Black Country region. 

Anyone sharing this aim is welcome to join us. 

You would be amazed at the various neurological conditions people are dealing with in the UK. I have no doubt in saying the majority of readers now, will know someone in their social circle or family that have/and are dealing with such conditions. It is terrifying really.

The brain is the most precious part of your body! It is so, so important to look after it and treat it well! If I had today's knowledge 5 years ago, I would have been far more careful with my social life and the intake of occasional drugs and alcohol. It's good to have fun and enjoy your life while you're young yes, but people please be more diligent with the care towards your brain! Chill out with the poppers and eat lots of fish kids!

If anyone has any cool idea to help me raise the awareness of this organisation, please do let me know. Get in touch with me on Facebook or Twitter to throw any suggestions at me. I'd love to hear your ideas!

I had a lovely weekend, out for Poppy and Sam's Birthday! I felt good too, wearing a black leather skirt with some tights, I had my hair down and straightened, a bit of make up on, no mask! It was great to have that little feeling of normality for the night. Out with my friends and having a little drink at The Victoria in town. It's just a shame that I had to leave when I did, I would have loved to have stayed out longer. I didn't even get a chance to see my best mate Lauren! I was picked up at about 10pm. It was a fun night though, I'll need to start thinking of what to do for my Birthday! Eeeek that will be coming up soon.

I'm off to Gibraltar next week, to see the Quach's! I can't wait!!! In case something really fun or interesting pops up I probably won't post again until I'm back from there.

Until then, bye!!!!  x

CONGRATULATIONS MARTINA & RAV ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCED TODAY!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment