Thursday 3 April 2014

March: 29-60 of 100 happy days!

March was a WONDERFUL month for me! With lots of lovely events and occasions of truly happy days! It made me think, hang on, these happy days of mine can just keep rolling out! Why stop at 100?   I think the effort of snapping a happy moment each day really helps you to pay attention to the small things that you should be happy about each day. There is no reason to be sad for days on end, no reason at all! Even if you're mourning  a loved one, it may hurt you a lot, but you just need to use up a few minutes of your day to acknowledge the happiness around you! I shouldn't compare it to loosing a loved one, that event has luckily passed me and I have never mourned someones death. I'm lucky to have all my loved ones, friends and family all with me. I'm just saying from an outside point of view, you should promote yourself the strength to acknowledge the happiness around you, even in tough, sad, dark times. Just because you're sad, doesn't mean the happiness around you ends, it is just your vision of happiness that ends. You should keep your eyes peeled each day for happiness. There is no need to mope and be disheartened, ever! Be happy every day or be blind to not see it.

Day 29: 1st March. A sunny, gorgeous Saturday, waking up in my old bedroom at NannyJs.


Day 30 March 2nd - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTY EVE!


Waking up in my old bedroom is always lovely. Sunday dinner at my nannyJs is even lovelier! Such a calm relaxing happy weekend spent with nannyJ. Lots of love for her and her cooking! 

Day 31 - #TBT (Throw back thursday!) A lovely Facebook post from my dear friend Shaheen, in this picture, I was 22 and recently signal after a previous 5 year relationship! YUK! way too young for that shite! Anyway, this night was a zoo project night in Manchester, with this lovely lady and my best friend Lauren Cullen. The weekend I met Josh, my next long term relationship! The night of the naughty zebra! I flashed to Andy Scott Lee! hahaha what a funny night!!!


Day 32: My first swim since the crash and I swam 16 lengths!!! I was rather Impressed with myself, even though I was as slow as the old folk! Starting from the bottom with a leisurely breast stroke! 


Day 33:  My first Taxi ride on my own! Dad dropped me off to my Physio place, The Maltings and gave me taxi money to get home, as he was busy and unable to pick me up. As immature as it sounds, I was very pleased with myself in directing the taxi driver home to my dads. It was only a 10 minute drive but I was very happy with this moment! 




Day 34: The kindest and most thoughtful gift and card I have received this year! From the lovely (poker) Kate. The story behind this old Pear Jam t-shirt is absolutely wonderful and Im so lucky to have this. Such a kind gesture and I'm very grateful! Thank you so much Kate!  

Day 35: WELL DONE ME!!!! haha I found this balloon in the car on the way home from the swimming baths. It was initially a well done card for Anna and her achievements with her Art work, however I had just swam 22 lengths! I was very impressed with myself. It was only my second swim and having a gradual improvement from 16 to 22 lengths, I thought this balloon was directed especially to me and my achievement. 


Furthermore on day 35, I came across a lovely poem, I picked up the word Invictus from the paraolympics and when I looked into this Latin word 'Invictus' meaning "Unconquered" I was inspired by this wonderful poem.


Day 36: My beautiful friend 'Aligwarn' with a tea and sandwich handed to me on my arrival to my second home. I love a visit to the O'riordan's house, to visit my beautiful sisters Alice, Fiona and Katie, Momma Rose and pops Andy. The whole family fill my heart and always make me smile. I love you lot!


Day 37: A date with Beautiful baby BronĂ gh. So much love for this little lady! And her big brother Tierney! These two stunners have been made so well! Well done my dearest friends Amy and Ryan, such a beautiful little family!
  


 Day 38: A lovely sunday dinner at my nan and granddad Durkin's house. Mmmm I love brussle sprouts and I love my Granddad Paki-Joe Durkin, So this caption is full of happiness! Another Great Sunday in Birmingham.

 Day 39: Katie, my Adopted sister from the O'Riordan's, sent me a photo of her beautiful daughter Florence Hogan, this gorgeous little munchkin always puts a big smile on my face and to wake up to this very cute picture of her giggling, makes me smile every time I look at it! She is so adorable and I seriously love her to bits!

Day 40: My aunty Tee sent me several photos of my little cousin Urban, on her first ski trip with her
daddy, Uncle David. She looks so cool and skis just like a little pro, after seeing the video sent to me along with these photos, this little dude will be skiing in the Olympics in no time! She can give me a few tips for my appearance in the paraolympics too!


Day 41: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAKI-JOE (aka Granddad) It was lovely to see him on his birthdays and have a little celebration!


Day 42: Lovely massage today! Hard life of an amputee :)


























Day 43: Having my laptop back after a few days in the IT hospital, getting the screen fixed, put a massive smile on my face! I'm lost these days without my laptop! Especially with all the support on social media sites for my blog posts! I'm a bloggerholic these days and without my laptop for 3 to 4 days was painful man. Reunited with this baby put a very big smile on my face!













Day 44: A lovely lunch date with my darling friend Roisin. This little sweetheart of mine is swanning off to live in the big old smokey town!  I will miss her a lot! All the best in your new life chapter of events my darling. I love you to the moon and back and I will be visiting you all the time once I've conquered train journeys with a peg leg.  So keep your eyes peeled for the talent for us both!










Day 45: Relaxing in Nanny Js sunny conservatory on the massage chair. Chilled out and happy, with all the hectic fun going on for the paddy's parade. I couldn't handle busy crowds like that just now, id much rather stay in and relax in peace and quiet. I was very disheartened by the fact that all my mates were out having fun until, I get a lovely kind comment from my "aunty" Mary, reassuring me that I'm not missing anything and that chilled out sundays in the sun were better, left to recline and relax!

 



Day 46: After feeling slightly disheartened at missing the St Patricks parade, only because I had such a good laugh last year working in The Old Crown, I had a mope to my friend Josh. This little gem of mine sent me a lovely strand of messages to wake up to Monday morning! This message put a big heart lifted smile back on my face! It was such a lovely message to wake up to any day! I'm so glad to have this boy as a dear friend. He has a heart of gold and has always been good at picking me up in times of need. Thank you Mr Devey. 


Day 47: Lovely lunch date with these lovely ladies, Catherine and Samantha O'Brien. It was lovely to see COBs new home! Such a cute house, lots of fun will fill those walls in no time! I'm awaiting a good old O'b house party! We are NOT too old for this, it should definitely occur sometime soon. Sam kindly trimmed my mullet off! Phew, that has now gone! I can relax and enjoy some good grub down in the Sun At The Station, which I've never eaten in before, it was very nice! It will be good for hangover meals after our house warming parties every weekend! haha 


Day 48: Anna did my nails for me, not only do I have a mullet free hairstyle, I have lovely bright spring nails! Thank you Anna.  


Day 49: YAY! Theresa has arrived home from Gibraltar, with her beautiful baby boy Xiggy getting kisses from nanny Durkin. Love this little cousin of mine! Such a beautiful baby boy!

Day 50: I went to stay at my lovely Aunty Nia's house for a Sunday morning Buddhist Retreat! I was such a relaxing and delightful experience. Thank you so much Nia! It was great to see you and Elis too. 
Day 51: The best snap chat picture I have every received! From my dear old friend Charlotte, my Topshop colleague back in the day! This put such a smile on my face that I just had to print screen the shot and get it down into my blog of happy days. You made me very happy this day! Thank you! 
 Day 51: Also on this day, as well as receiving a cracking snap chat, I received a lovely treat surprise by my long long beloved hamsa necklace. My mom gave this necklace to me a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED it! I had completely forgotten all about it, I get this buddha statue into my room for a few seconds and looks at the rewards! Respect to Buddha!


Day 52: After a lovely weekend in Birmingham, I wake up at home in Wolverhampton to a very kind thank you card, from the beautiful baby mama Christina. I can't wait to meet gorgeous little Orla! Lots of love to you 3!

Day 53: Quote of the Day! :)  

Day 53: A lovely dinner date with Dad, Mark, Ben and Kathryn. 

Day 53: Again! I LOVE THIS QUOTE! I'm turning Buddhist by the looks of it! Nan if you're reading, I am sorry! 



Day 54: Eeeek I'm packing my bag for Ireland! A week away to the green green grass of Lietrim! So excited to see my mom in her new home. This is what the floor will look like in her room as soon as I settle in ;)

Day 55: My Amazon books have arrived! I'll be taking one with me to Ireland! 

Day 56: Happy Birthday Mommy!!! A complete and utter surprise for her, me standing on her doorstep with a gorgeous red velvet cake, a bunch of flowers and a smile :)



 Day 57: Date night with my lovely sis, owl tea and a good film. We stayed in and had a chilled out early night while mom and Richard went down to nan and granddads house for whiskey and natters. I would love to celebrate moms birthdays with them all, but drinking isn't a good activity for me these days! Best to stay in with Alex and recline after a tiring day of travelling.

Day 58: This very Amazing man, Hugh Herr, was introduced to me via a video link shared to me on Facebook from, the lovely John McTernan - If you want to see the video clip you find it here:  


 

Day59: The Best daughters ever! Spending time with mom for her birthday and Mothers day! Happy Mothers Day mom, lots of love your two loving daughters! xxx


Day 60:  BABY MIDDLETON! 
I waited up all night on mothering Sunday so I could get this announcement down first thing Monday Morning! My Aunty Mary and Uncle Midz are having a baby!!!! I'm so excited for this! Lots and lots of love to all 3 of you beauties!




Day 60 again: A lovely dinner date with my beloved family and Lietrim. I was so so pleased to see my Aunty Theresa here on the right with a green jumper on. I used to love going to visit her in Antrim. So much love for everyone at this table! From left to right, my Grandad, nan, Alex, Richard, mom, aunty Theresa! Love you all so much!


So that's March in a nutshell. Big events such as my first taxi ride and my first flight! Things I would have done on a  weekly/monthly basis prior to the crash and now it's seen as a happy event and a successful achievement! Oh how the times have changed. Things are improving, my spirit, technology, my hopes and dreams all  seem achievable. Im cool, calm and collective. Happy 60 Days, only 40 to go, come at me happiness!!




No comments:

Post a Comment