Friday 14 March 2014

Thanks Dad! Hello Leonard!

So, before I crack on with this 100 happy days, it must be highlighted that this little project would have fell at the first hurdle if it wasn't for my wonderful father, Paul Jackson. This man has helped me more than you can begin to imagine. He's done so much for me during all this time of shitness, in order to make me happy and stay positive.



From trips to the safari park durning my dull time in hospital, to building me a friggin apartment to arrive home to. 
He has almost doubled in size his house in order to have a comfortable place for me to wake up in a positive mood every day. His kindness and generosity is astronomical and I love him so much.

I'm so lucky to have a dad this wonderful, I truthfully don't know where Id be right now if it wasn't for him. Thank you dad, you really are the best in the world and I love you with all my heart. 

My 100 happy days started on Instagram on 1st Feb, therefore I will collate them together each month with added commentary explaining each snap. The 100th Day falls magically 6 days before my anniversary! Day 100 is on 13th May. They call your amputation/accident date your anniversary, however my new leg has a name, Leonard. His 1st birthday is on 19th May. Celebrations will be held for this wonderful day. A far more enlightened and cheerful approach than an 'anniversary', as if someone has died. I would much rather proclaim this date as a celebratory birthday for my new loved body part, Leonard. 



5 comments:

  1. You will always be my lovely little girl
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leonard :-) care to explain why ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a name I came up with whilst in hospital. Leonard the Leg. Just a bit of alliteration ;)

      Delete